Friday, April 01, 2005

i'm an april fool for you

quittin' after one more last one
tired of playin' the clown
if i want your opinion i'll ask ya
i can get myself down
night driving without headlights
wearing sunglasses too
looking good but sure don't feel right
anything to be cool
doin' hopscotch with my legs tied
jumpin' rope in wet cement
black leather in midday sunshine
all your mother's money's spent
doin' time on the metal detector
i'd like to drown in your pool
covering up everything that's defective
anything to be cool
a burning heart could be so cool
won't you be my fashion victim
c'mon i'm an april fool for you
i'm a mid-spring snowfall
joke's on you
i'm an april fool for you

how appropriate.....april fool's day, and "april fool" by soul asylum has been in my head most of the day. (if you're prowling through your cd collection looking for it, it's on "grave dancers union", which i had to dig out of the pile so i could copy the lyrics.....that's not banned by the government yet, is it?)

since i had to dig the cd out anyway, i figured i might as well throw it into my discman and give it a listen- it's been several years since i last opened the case. (to answer the unspoken question, i'm using my discman instead of the ever-popular cd-rom- standard equipment for computers these days, i think- for one simple, yet important reason: i don't have speakers hooked up to my home computer. therefore, trying to listen to a cd would be pretty much....pointless.)

anyway, just a thought for the evening....and now it's time to head for bed- have to get up early tomorrow for work.....when/where i need to undo my april fools' pranks on my webpage.

speaking of pranks, did you fall for any? or, more precisely, will you admit to falling for any?

No comments: