Wednesday, November 30, 2005

early a.m. phone call

grandpa's gone. according to daddy, he went peacefully around 4 a.m. this morning. the current theory is that he was hanging on long enough to make it back to his apartment. (personally, i just think it's a little freaky....i said several times that i figured he'd go today....because, as i recall (and will have to double-check) our other grandpa died the day after my birthday.)

okay, had to get that out....time for a little more sleep.

p.s.- a pet peeve: on this computer, the little windows for date and time don't show up. argh.

7 comments:

MamaKBear said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie! I hope he's found the peace he needs.

(((((Duff)))))

Ren said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Duff. Hope all is well.

Dirty Gypsy said...

My condolences to you and your family, Duff. You all are in my prayers.

Take care.

Joe said...

I'm so very sorry. Need another hug?

Kal said...

Hugs. Condolences. And I tip my glass in appreciation of a long life well lived.

Stef said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss. He's in a better place, where there is no pain.

"yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil..." Psalms 23:4a

Kristi said...

Oh Duff.

i'm so sorry.
i do hope he went peacefully without any pain