Tuesday, May 31, 2005

everybody's working for the weekend....

it's been a long day, and i'm tired. since i freely admit this post may not be my best work, i'll understand if you scroll down and read a previous post instead.

still there?

summer camp starts tomorrow, so my day was spent at school. my assistant and i cleaned mysterious crud off the walls, scrubbed dried paint and other substances off the chairs, and swapped out zoo animal decorations for dinosaurs. by the time we were chased out of the building at 5:00, we still had a fair bit to do, which is why i'm planning on going in at 7 a.m. to accomplish a bit more before the two year olds begin to appear.

after work, i spent a couple of hours at a friend's house, helping her set up her email. (long story- don't ask.) upon returning home and discovering that my makeup shipment still had not arrived, i called my part time employer and discovered that, despite being assured previously that a replacement shipment would be on its way to me last night, it would not actually be shipped until thursday, and would therefore arrive next wednesday.....a week and a half late. (wednesday, by the way, is when the new order goes in.) the customer service rep on the other end of the phone line offered a weak apology "for any inconvenience this may cause you", but quite frankly, i'd prefer:

1. an emailed apology to each of my customers admitting that the company screwed up, not me. (to be composed by the customer service rep, of course.)

2. my shipment to be delivered, pronto

aaaaarrrrggghhh. if i had pms right now, someone would be in really big trouble.

i feel much better getting that off my chest.

(by the way, i'm typing this on my old-school, pre-pentium (i'm pretty sure) windows 95-equipped computer, so if the little codes i put in to make some words bold didn't work, you'll just have to forgive me.)

for some reason, an old loverboy tune about everybody working for the weekend has been running through my head for the past two days. i do not know how it came up on my mental jukebox, but i really wish it would stop.

and on that note (actually, i'm sure it's 30+, with the guitar part after the first line of the chorus), i need to reply to a comment or two and head for bed.

i'll try to be a little more entertaining tomorrow- a couple of cherry cokes should do the trick.

16 comments:

Kal said...

It's that "Hit me baby one more time" promo they keep running. Loverboy is one of the bands that will be on the show.

I'm telling ya', it's going to be the best bad show ever!

Larry said...

i dont think it can compete with the surreal life with mini me, teh brady and china. I have yet to see a trainwreck that could.

duff said...

kal: aha- but i have not actually seen the promo yet, which makes loverboy running through my head again this morning even more mysterious!

Kal said...

Here's some band's I'd have loved to see on "Hit me baby":

Dexy's Midnight Runners ("Come on Eileen"). that'd be a fabulous addition to the show. I saw them when they did Saturday Night Live and they couldn't play live to save their lives...

Men Without Hats ("Safety Dance"). That video with the little people?! Classic!

Any more?

Kal said...

And... Duff... Hol-eee Crap! I'm a Flippery Fish! I'd like to thank all my (well, Duff's) fans who made this possible by linking to me... sniff sniff... youse guys are the greatest...

Mossy Stone said...

Thanks for planting my earworm du hour ;-)

Joe said...

So you have an assistant. Do you call this person Little Duff? Duff Jr?

I'm pretty sure Men Without Hats would be a disappointment on that show. It's doubtful they'd have the little people with them and anything less than that video would be a letdown.

duff said...

bands i'd like to see......

falco (wait- he's dead)

taco (is he still singing about puttin on the ritz, or is he up to triscuits yet?)

dino (that's the way it has to be 'cause that's the way i like it)

aqua (that reminds me- i need to get that cd back)

uh...other singularly named artists......errr....ahhh....

how about the third thompson twin- joe leeway?

right said fred?

lita ford?

perhaps i'll think of more after some sleep......

Mossy Stone said...

I'd add to that list:

Chicago - With it without Peter Cetera

Triumph (if Rik, Mike and Gil ever put their differences aside)

Boston - 'nuff said

Styx - Larry Gowan? Really??

Stephen said...

PMS is underrated.

Kal said...

Missed the first half of the show last night. Did everybody play one of their old hits?

And Tiffany... yikes...

Anonymous said...

kal,
yes, they each played an original. Tiffany must be pregnant. After all she was in playboy not that long ago. Still...she needs to cover up.

Kal said...

Someone called into Howard Stern this morning (first time I've listened in ages, I'm usually on a train listening to my MP3s by then) and said she was pregnant too.

Damn... Did FOS play "I ran"? Must've been brutal, the way Score's voice has gone.And Loverboy did Enrique FREAKIN Inglesias' "Hero"? Ye Gods....

Anonymous said...

hi duff are you single

duff said...

tiffany was in playboy, too? i knew debbie gibson had been, but i hadn't realized both former "teen queens" had made appearances.

i missed the show- and i was even home that night. perhaps i'll remember to turn on the tube next week.

(i am quite glad i missed enrique's vomit-inducing song as interpreted by loverboy. oh, how the mighty have fallen.)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»