Sunday, May 22, 2005

identity crisis

since kal figured out my previous musical trivia questions, i suppose i should make up a new list for my five readers to tackle.

who am i?
below i've listed the "real" names of several personages of musical significance. your task: track down their alter egos. (i'll even do the first one for you- just because i'm nice like that.)


william broad :: billy idol
bob alan deal ::
david jones (not the monkee) ::
paul hewson ::
stuart goddard::
george o'dowd ::
vincent furnier ::
declan mcmanus ::
david evans ::
susan ballion::
frederick farookh bulsara ::

happy hunting! (perhaps i'll be back later with a real post. hopefully, this'll keep you busy until then.)

6 comments:

Larry said...

Bob Alan Deal-Mick Mars(The Crue)
Declan McManus-Elvis Costello
Frederick Farookh Bulsara-Freddie Mercury

Here are a few. I don't want to take all the fun out of it for everyone else. Several of the names I looked up really surprised me. Elvis I had known fom a friend who loves the guy.

Kal said...

This is me without Google (and before I saw Larry's post over there):

bob alan deal ::
david jones (not the monkee) :: David Bowie
paul hewson ::
stuart goddard::
george o'dowd :: Boy George
vincent furnier ::
declan mcmanus ::
david evans ::
susan ballion::
frederick farookh bulsara :: Freddy Mercury.

Absolutely pathetic. (And Hewson/Evans are in one of my favorite bands... Damn.)

Kal said...

And what does it say that I came up with those three, out of all the other ones...

duff said...

nice work, guys.

can anyone finish off the last few?

(i can dig up more, if you'd like.)

Mossy Stone said...

Hewson: Bono
Ballion: Siouxie Sioux (less the Banshees)
Evans: The Edge
Goddard: Adam Ant

Several others convered already.

duff said...

nice work, mossy. how about this set?