Saturday, July 09, 2005

twenty things.......

it's been far too long since i was last on bricotrout's blog. so, after checking in with the blogs on my sidebar (after all, i've been out of action for nearly a week- a lot can happen in that amount of time!), i cruised on over to satori designs for a long-overdue visit......

........and there it was- inspiration!


ten things i'm a sucker for

1. blue-eyed boys with a good sense of humor
2. dvd sets of tv shows from my youth (defined as anytime from my birth to the present)
3. tacos
4. "buy one, get one free" *of equal or lesser value
5. "add a side salad or a taco to your entree for $1"
6. rubber duckies
7. "i'll pay you......"
8. absolut vodka ads
9. travel- especially if there's a potential for outdoor adventure
10. 80s pop culture references (refer to this and you'll see what i mean)


ten things i would do well to change about myself

1. my temper. i will resist the urge to throw things when frustrated. scratch that. i will take up some sort of hobby where throwing things could be constructive.
2. learn to say "no" more often- even if a money earning opportunity is at hand- because sometimes sleep and personal time are more important than fattening up my bank account
3. eat fewer tacos
4. since #3 is highly unlikely, i could stand to get a little more exercise
5. spend less, save more (i do pretty well, but could stand to improve)
6. procrastinate less
7. unclutter more (or is it "declutter"? either way, i need to go through my worldly possessions and figure out what to keep and what to donate/recycle/toss)
8. decrease the number of times i hit "snooze" in the morning
9. get caught up on my journal- it's been months, and i've forgotten the details of most of the personal reflections/events i was going to scribble about.
10. resist the urge to hop out of my car and give slow drivers a push. in fact, instead of getting frustrated with them, and suggesting they wind the rubber band/feed the hamster, i will keep my mouth busy by singing along with the first song i hear on the radio (unless i don't like it, in which case i will pop in kick and sing along to it, instead.)

how about you?

14 comments:

Kal said...

You lead, I follow. Posted it over at my place.

D said...

i used it as well....

Anonymous said...

I got blue eyes.

duff said...

kunstemaecker: hmm...blue eyes, and foreign travel would be required? i am so there. let me dig up my passport.

:| raven |: said...

*hearing the Love Boat Theme in the background*

duff said...

*lol*

not until the dollar strengthens a bit.

unfortunately, by then it'll be time for a new passport.

D said...

check your email. i just sent something important to it.

Stephen said...

ONE thing i would do well to change about myself:

take more chances!

duff said...

sibling: got it- check out bodhi's blog.

freewriter: that's one....how about the other 9?

Larry said...

I got blue eyes and a sense of humor. I can't compete with the foreign travel thing though.

D said...

you want to remove the "www" out of the link to bodhi's blog. It returns with an error. Btw, that pic was taken with Aristotle. I haven't gotten him with Plato yet.

duff said...

hmmm- let's try this:

bodhi's blog

D said...

yup, that works even better! btw, i have another episode of time to ponder on my blog. I want honest answers..

Stephen said...

i can't think of 9 more. i must be an arrogant s.o.b.

oh, ok, one more: make more $