Thursday, March 22, 2007

something in the air....

is there anything that can even remotely compare to getting stuck behind an 18-wheeler full of livestock for a prolonged period of time? i'd just like to thank the little old man in the buick from georgia who was puttering down I-20 around 10:00 this morning for allowing me to experience this thrill for the first time in months.

actually, i had a pretty good day, aside from the morning commute, cranky boss (this is why i'm so glad i don't have to take anything besides my pre-dental antibiotic. i'm thinking alice in wonderland had it about right- when you pop pills, you never can be fully sure how they're going to affect you, can you?), and this evening's polar bear club experience.

yeah- you read that right. my trusty sidekick and i thought a dip in the jacuzzi might be nice after a few minutes of hard trampoline jumping. too bad we didn't check the temperature of the water before shimmying into our bikinis. while 70 might be considered "hot" in the northeast, i found myself feeling a little too.....perky for my own good.

but, hey- at least we weren't surrounded by livestock, right?

3 comments:

Chris said...

The way you italize perky makes it sound sexy.

duff said...

it's not me- it's the italics, man. i'm incredibly unsexy.

Chris said...

I can not imagine anyone that italizes as much as you do could be un-sexy. I mean italics sounds like Italian and everyone knows that sex is all they ever think about.